Girlguiding Durham North is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy details the information we collect from you when you access this website and the steps we take to ensure this information remains confidential.
Information is collected from your computer via Google Analytics regardless of whether or not you register with us and this is not personal to you.
This includes the following:
- Operating system (eg Microsoft Windows 10)
- Browser software (eg Microsoft Internet Explorer v7.0)
- Your browser’s custom settings (eg the presence of a Macromedia Flash plug-in)
- Your IP address (the unique Internet network address of your machine)
- Your geographic location (or that of your Internet service provider)
- Access times (including the time spent on the Girlguiding Durham North website)
- Referring domain (the website you were browsing prior to your visit to the Girlguiding Durham North website).
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you contact us via our contact us page, you will also provide us with some or all of the following personal information and we will use this information to respond to you.
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Any further details you disclose to us
If you are over the age of 16, hold an appointment and are an active member of Girlguiding Durham North, you will be allowed to access our secure members’ area once registered. To register you need to provide us with the following personal information which will remain on the hosting server:
- Girlguiding membership number
- First Name
- Email address
When requesting access to our secure members’ area you also agree to receive occasional emails or correspondence from Girlguiding Durham North.
Girlguiding Durham North reserves the right to refuse or deny access to their members area at any time.
There may also be occasions where we may ask for extra personal information, such as when registering for an event, training or online questionnaires etc. Any details collected are stored securely.
If you are under the age of 18 and hold an appointment, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian before registering or providing any personal information to us.
When you log in to the Girlguiding Durham North website, we store a small text file called a ‘cookie’ on your computer’s disk drive. This process is a very common practice, is completely harmless and cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Personal information is not held in this way.
This cookie holds information including the date of your last visit to this website and your personal log in preferences. If you chose to be recognised on your next visit to the website, we will store your chosen user name/email address in this cookie file.
How we protect your personal information
We seek to comply with the current Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation and take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
Girlguiding Durham North does not sell or share any personal information about you to any outside vendors or advertising agencies.
We will not release any personal information to a third party unless expressly authorised to do so by you, or if we are obliged to do so by law.
Although access to this data is restricted internally in the County. It remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the site when finished using it on a public machine
- not to store user name and password for the site on a public machine
This policy is effective from 1st May 2019. Girlguiding Durham North reserve the right to change this policy from time to time.